Help Me Grow is always free, always here.
We’re a free program focused on babies, young children, and the people who love them. No matter how big or how small, Help Me Grow Contra Costa can answer parents’ everyday questions about their children from birth to age 5.
WHAT WE OFFER FAMILIES:
- Tips, support, and information about local services like parenting classes, health clinics, and food banks. Call 211. Available 24-hours a day.
- Free developmental screening for all children under age 5 to check how they are growing and developing.
- Assistance for children with developmental concerns, and their families.
- Help Me Grow playgroups for children who need a boost reaching developmental milestones.
WHAT WE OFFER PROVIDERS:
- A one-stop resource to refer families with young children.
- A place to refer families who have concerns about their child’s development.
- Free training, materials, and ongoing support to provide routine developmental screening services to children.
- A network of support that includes pediatricians, early care and education teachers,and children’s services providers working to ensure all children thrive.
THE HELP ME GROW SYSTEM
Help Me Grow is a system used throughout the United States to help children reach their optimal development by kindergarten.
Help Me Grow streamlines existing services in ways that makes them easier for families to use. The goal is to identify more children with developmental concerns and link families to helpful services as early as possible in a child’s life.
HMG systems include centralized intake and referral, community outreach to promote early intervention systems, targeted outreach to child care and child health providers, and the collection and analysis of data to improve the system.