Help Me Grow is a national model started by a pediatrician to streamline services for children at-risk for developmental delays. Now, pediatric offices throughout the country participate in the Help Me Grow system to help all children thrive.
Help Me Grow offers health care providers:
- A reliable one-stop-resource to refer families who have concerns about their child’s development or who need parenting support.
- Assistance for families trying to access early intervention services for their child.
- Free training, materials, and ongoing support to provide routine developmental screening services in your practice.
Refer a patient today!
A Help Me Grow team member will contact the family. These referral and online enrollment forms authorize the transfer of information between Help Me Grow and you, the provider.
- Complete the online referral form with your patient
- Have families self-refer by dialing 211
Why offer developmental screening?
Early detection and connection to services lead to the best outcomes for children with developmental or behavioral challenges. But most children are not diagnosed until kindergarten, or receive needed intervention services later in life.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends children receive screening at 9, 18, and 24 months. Developmental screening is an easy and effective tool to catch delays early, when intervention is most effective. Screening is also a fast, simple way for parents to understand what to expect next as their baby develops.
The Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) is the validated screening tool we use in Contra Costa County.